11 September 2018 Nim Team
Become a Nim core developer
As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements of the Nim programming language.
Nim covers a broad range of topics leading to a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies.
So if you seek a new challenge, if you are experienced in production quality compiler development, if you enjoy working from home, don’t hesitate to apply.
This is your chance to get to work with one of the leading experts in compiler development, meta programming and language design. Here are our requirements:
- Fluent in C++, C, Nim. You should have some Nim related github projects to make it easier for us to judge your skills.
- Basic knowledge of the lexing, parsing and semantic checking passes a compiler consists of.
- Knowledge in Nim’s standard library; the standard library covers parsers, asynchronous programming, dealing with time and timezones, IO, multi-threaded programming, networking, as well as knowledge about the Posix and the Windows API.
- Knowledge about type theory and the foundations of programming languages. We are not just looking for programmers, Nim’s specification also needs to be improved and extended.
- Experience in IDE development, there is no reason Nim’s tooling can’t rival the state-of-the-art when it comes to error messages, auto-completion and automatic refactorings.
Note that you don’t have to fulfill every one of these criteria; Nim is a large project with plenty of work covering diverse topics and our requirements reflect this.
How to apply
Send your application to