Version 1.4.8 released
25 May 2021 The Nim Team
The Nim team is happy to announce version 1.4.8, our fourth patch release for Nim 1.4.
Version 1.4.8 is a result of one month of hard work, and it contains 23 commits, fixing the most important bugs and bringing additional improvements to our ORC memory management.
We would recommend to all of our users to upgrade and use version 1.4.8.
- Just like our
develbranch, v1.4.8 is built using
csources_v1, which means you can use it on Apple M1 chips.
- Version 1.4.6 triggered some false positives with several antivirus softwares. Based on our testing, this shouldn’t happen with v1.4.8.
- Now you can use
-d:dangerin your config files, no need to manually write these flags on the command line anymore.
- Additional improvements to our ORC memory management.
--gc:orcto compile your projects with it.
Installing Nim 1.4
Check out if the package manager of your OS already ships version 1.4.8 or install it as described here.
If you have installed a previous version of Nim using
getting Nim 1.4.8 is as easy as:
$ choosenim update stable
Alternatively, you can download Nim 1.4.8 from our nightlies builds.
Donating to Nim
We would like to encourage you to donate to Nim.
The donated money will be used to further improve Nim:
- Bugs need to be fixed, the documentation can be improved, compiler error messages can always be better.
- The most exciting upcoming feature, that has the greatest impact to all of our users, is incremental compilation.
- Incremental compilation will also be the foundation for further tooling
nimsuggest(autocompletion, find usages).
You can donate via:
If you are a company, we also offer commercial support.
Please get in touch with us via
As a commercial backer, you can decide what features and bugfixes should
- Fixed “Asynchttpserver example doesn’t work” (#16506)
- Fixed “AsyncHttpClient doesn’t handle errors” (#16436)
- Fixed “OpenSSL 1.0.x library naming issue on windows “ (#17755)
- Fixed “Compiler warning on mismatching case/spelling” (#15848)
- Fixed “
db_postgresdoes not sanitize
%00resulting in crash” (#17925)
Full changelog since v1.4.6 contains 23 commits.