Version 1.6.12 released
10 March 2023 The Nim Team
The Nim team is happy to announce version 1.6.12, our sixth patch release for Nim 1.6.
Version 1.6.12 is a result of almost four months of hard work, and it contains 51 commits, bringing some general improvements over 1.6.10.
We would recommend to all of our users to upgrade and use version 1.6.12.
Installing Nim 1.6
Check out if the package manager of your OS already ships version 1.6.12 or install it as described here.
If you have installed a previous version of Nim using
getting Nim 1.6.12 is as easy as:
$ choosenim update stable
Alternatively, you can download Nim 1.6.12 from our nightlies builds.
Donating to Nim
We would like to encourage you to donate to Nim. The donated money will be used to further improve Nim by creating bounties for the most important bugfixes and features.
You can donate via:
- Open Collective
If you are a company, we also offer commercial support.
These reported issues were fixed:
- Fixed “sizeof object containing a
setis wrong” (#20914)
- Fixed “Missing bounds check for
- Fixed “Add warning for bare
- Fixed “Little Copyright notice inconsistency” (#20906)
- Fixed “std/deques: wrong result after calling shrink” (#21278)
- Fixed “
io.readLineadds ‘\00’ char to the end” (#21273)
- Fixed “New JS mdoe issue: return + ref ints.” (#21317)
- Fixed “Bad codegen for passed var seq to proc returning array converted to seq with @” (#21333)
- Fixed “Templates allowed to use ambiguous identifier” (#1027)
- Fixed “Mutating a var parameter through a mutable view triggers SIGSEGV” (#20422)
- Fixed “macOS use SecRandomCopyBytes instead of getentropy” (#20466)
- Fixed “gcc error when constructing an object that has the same name in the same file name in 2 different directories” (#20139)
The complete list of changes is available here.