2009-12-21 Version 0.8.6 released
The version jump from 0.8.2 to 0.8.6 acknowledges the fact that all development of the compiler is now done in Nimrod.
- The pragmas hint[X]:off and warning[X]:off now work.
- Method call syntax for iterators works again (for x in lines.split()).
- Fixed a typo in removeDir for POSIX that lead to an infinite recursion.
- The compiler now checks that module filenames are valid identifiers.
- Empty patterns for the dynlib pragma are now possible.
- os.parseCmdLine returned wrong results for trailing whitespace.
- Inconsequent tuple usage (using the same tuple with and without named fields) does not crash the code generator anymore.
- A better error message is provided when the loading of a proc within a dynamic lib fails.
- Added system.contains for open arrays.
- The PEG module now supports the search loop operator @.
- Grammar/parser: SAD|IND is allowed before any kind of closing bracket. This allows for more flexible source code formating.
- The compiler now uses a bind table for symbol lookup within a bind context. (See manual.html#templates for details.)
- discard """my long comment""" is now optimized away.
- New --floatChecks: on|off switches and pragmas for better debugging of floating point operations. (See manual.html#pre-defined-floating-point-types for details.)
- The manual has been improved. (Many thanks to Philippe Lhoste!)
Changes affecting backwards compatibility
- The compiler does not skip the linking step anymore even if no file has changed.
- os.splitFile(".xyz") now returns ("", ".xyz", "") instead of ("", "", ".xyz"). So filenames starting with a dot are handled differently.
- strutils.split(s: string, seps: set[char]) never yields the empty string anymore. This behaviour is probably more appropriate for whitespace splitting.
- The compiler now stops after the --version command line switch.
- Removed support for enum inheritance in the parser; enum inheritance has never been documented anyway.
- The msg field of system.E_base has now the type string, instead of cstring. This improves memory safety.